December 8, 2013

What to do with the Snow and Cold...

I ducked behind the corner of the porch but continued laughing and dodging too much to note any difference in my surroundings ... until a snowball hit glass with a hollow thump. I glanced around to discover why the expected crack of glass hadn't followed. A Jeep sat parked several feet away. The snowball had struck tempered glass. I needed a safe haven from flying orbs of snow and scurried to the back of the vehicle.
I slid to an awkward stop, my color rising with irrational speed. I peered at Staff Sergeant Kelly Chase, once again face to face or rather nose to nose. The effect of his animal magnetism swept over me, taking my senses with it. The intervening days since our last encounter had served to intensify his good looks. I turned back to the fight at hand without muttering even a hint of welcome.

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...