June 3, 2018

Thanks Shaunna! Here are the questions and my answers!
What counsel would you give new and upcoming authors? Write the story that you like and refine it - but only a little - afterwards. Keep your voice.
How much do you write every day? 2-3000 words, but some of that is edits.
How do you promote your books? FB under my author page; my NL list; Twitter; trying Bookclicker; Instafreebie and Bookfunnel to give away books>my newsletter>my book on Amazon via links in the books. I'm still trying everything!
What kind of research do you do? As little as possible! But if there is a fact to check, I check it until it is perfect. Just checking on what age 5/6 grade kids are and how much they weigh today!
How did you get started as an author? Short stories recently. But I wrote a business-based anecdotal story in 2004 and left it in my virtual file till 2014, when I finally published it (under a pen name - it has been spectacularly unsuccessful, but I may resurrect it in the future).
What or whom inspired you? Reading and movies. I write romance, so Nicholas Sparks. I also love Carly Simon for the stories behind her lyrics. Don't get me started on Leonard Cohen!
What writing projects are you currently working on? A HEA Romance novella series based in Maine - on the seaside. Love stories with the message that you can make the difference.
What can you tell us about these projects? I'm writing my 4th story. Book one is out, book 2 is on final edit, book 3 is in dreft and ready to edit. Book 4 is still half done! When did you write your first novel? I did NaNoWriMo in November 2016. I'm editing the heck out of that right now!
What do you want readers to take away from reading your novel? That positives can happen if you make them.
What hobbies do you enjoy when you are not writing? Hiking; travelling; photography; more writing! https://www.amazon.com/dp/b07cyjjvk8
Seen by Martin Haworth at 2:57pm

No comments:

Oh My!

Oh my, it's been a long, long time since I posted anything here. Really, I do this now because I recently got a note, if you can call it...